I’m movin’ the old Rawrb.com back from Tumblr. You can always browse the archive if you want. I’m trying to kind of gravitate away from social media controlled craziness to focus on creating things and juggling my many weird projects. This kind of gives me an “old man” mentality here I guess.
I’ve been spending a bit more time focusing on organizing my life. It’s extremely easy to get swept up in projects, especially when you’ve got a “I must do all the things or I’m the worst guy ever” disposition. So, I decided to take a step back and just prioritize and focus.
First off, this blog. It’s good to journal things out and give your brain a little breathing room to process everything. I find that power naps work well for me (20-30 minute intense napping sessions), as well as talkin’ things out with loved ones. Sounds weird as well as oversimplified, but sometimes you just gotta vent that stuff. Take the time, it’s worth it.
There are many things I want to talk about, but I’ve spent a little too much time puttin’ this page back together. Yeah, I stole some Bootstrap code and mangled it into this, but right now it’s more about getting it out. I plan on doing a whole bunch of design stuff and programmy things to this site eventually. That means it might not ever happen, and I’m okay with that.
I’m not even using a CMS right now. This is me typing onto a static HTML document. Hah.
So before I wrap this up, let me kind of barf out an update for those that are interested:
- Yes, I’m going to be talking more about programming. It’s a ton of fun and very rewarding. Shut up.
- I recently took on a part-time developer gig, which is helping me sharpen my skills and actually pays me money. So strange.
- Started learning piano. Seriously. It’s coming along nicely, too. Every aspect of my fleshy existence that is musical is growing like crazy. What’s that? Want me to play an F#7 chord with an augment? I got you, baby. *wink wink*
- I know comics are laughably slow. I’ve got a thing I’m working on that’ll make up for it. Sssh.
- Doing a TON more musical composition for Psychostick and other projects. Stay tuned.
- Content creation for Psychostick is a huge team effort that will continue onward no matter what. Non-Psychostick content creation is currently paused until I get things more sorted out.
- Project and time management has become a HUGE focus of mine. I can’t recommend Wrike (Project Management Thundertool) and Notion (Destroyer of Evernote) enough. Check ’em out.
- Bought a house for the first time. WEIRD.
- Got finances sorted out by hiring a competent accountant for personal and biz. The shitty result of that is I owe a silly amount of taxes due to incompetence. Please buy stuff (if you’re into the things I work on, of course. No guilt trips!).
- Actually eating better and liftin’, brah.
Video updates might be a thing in the future too. I know reading is hard, but c’mon guys. You can (maybe) do it.
*groan* I can’t believe I just said that.